Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Comedy of Errors, Part Two

You'll be happy to hear that the rest of my Tuesday was MUCH better than the expected, given the ridiculous start to the day.  I did spend about four hours total in Panera getting all the photos off my phone (and eating soup!).  I was slightly annoyed at spending so much time doing that, but then I got caught up looking at all the great pictures of Bink I've taken over the past nine and half months.  I also managed to max out a "Mobile Uploads" folder on Facebook.  Impressive.


If you'd like to see the pictures that ate my morning they are here and here.  (And you might as well become a fan of Pacifier In My Pocket while you're on Facebook anyway!)

Luckily, after all that preemptive work, the speaker on my phone magically began to work again.  Apparently it just needed to dry out from all the drool before it was functional again.


Before picking up Bink from daycare I was determined to accomplish one thing off of my to-do list for the day.  I managed to pop into Goodwill (yup, I'm cool like that) and pick up a pair of Liz Claiborne jeans, a grey cardigan, and a board book of Good Night, Moon for $12.  So at least now I won't smell like fish oil.  Blech.


Since its one of the first few nice days we've had in the Mid-Atlantic this year, I decided to take Bink on a walk before heading home.  We parking along a great bike and walking trail that runs for miles and miles around here.  Bink and I strolled along listening to country music from my iPod for a while and just enjoying being outside.


On the way home, I got what was actually my best idea of the day.  I called Hubby and told him to blow off grocery shopping for dinner.  Instead we picked up the kids and took them to the playground for a while.  K was happy to get to run around a bit and climb on things, even though she's a little too big for this particular playground.  We took turns pushing Bink on the swings and let him crawl back and forth though a tunnel  I picked up a pizza on the way home for dinner.


I felt guilty for not actually cooking dinner.  Not that I often do the cooking, but I'd offered this time.  But, sometimes you need to just throw some pizza on the table and spend that time doing something more important...like playing at the park.

1 comment:

  1. I think you make a really good point... life is what happens while we are busy making plans. In 20 years you wouldn't have remembered a morning that went smoothly, but I promise you will remember running around the livingroom with pump gizmos attached to your boobies and bribing your kiddo with a shoe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails